Youth Leadership Calhoun County
2019-2020 YLCC Class Schedule
- To prepare students for constructive leadership and responsible participation in the affairs of the community.
- To identify high school students (public & private) who demonstrate leadership abilities or high leadership potential, who exhibit concern for the community.
- To select a diverse class of highly motivated participants who represent the diversity of racial, ethnic, and socio-economic groups in Calhoun County, Alabama.
- To provide leadership skills development through participation in training seminars and program activities.
- To present a variety of programs on community issues, needs, opportunities, problems and resources while providing interaction with community leaders.
- To provide opportunities for students from diverse backgrounds to meet and develop mutual understanding, respect and trust.
- To offer participants opportunities for volunteer community involvement and service.
- To encourage our youth to find satisfying job opportunities so he/she will come home to Calhoun County, Alabama to live, learn, work, worship, play and raise his/her family.